Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From the University!

So my last post was written while at home, but I will give a quick update while here at the university since last night.

Last night there was a thuderstorm and I lay in bed awake for almost 4 hours. When I woke up this morning I was very tired and Luba again had a feast laid out for me. When I tried to politely refuse pickles, beets and kelbossa for breakfast she pretended she was crying and motioning that I would get skinny and when I got home my parents would cry because I got so skinny. She is really sweet and I am glad she is taking care of me, but I don't know how to politely refuse the food!

Today we started our Ukrainian language lesson, it was pretty overwhelming. It takes work to try to say or understand anything, but it is a comfort to have three other classmates in the same boat as me. Our teacher is really nice and helpful with explaining everything both in Ukraine and English. Sometimes she tries to explain the differences in sounds ...like the soft or hard version of a consonant and says "hear the difference?" and I never do.

Tonight we already have lots of studying and homework...but luckily we will have computer time everyday around now (the time here is 12:45...and I think we get computer time until 2:15 if we want it). We also have field trips once a week, and music, and physical activity classes to come!

Anyway...I'll say bye for now and continue to look forward to your comments! Pa-pa for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment